The wrecksite has been derived in part from material obtained from the UK Hydrographic Office with the permission of the UK Hydrographic Office and Her Majesty’s Stationery Office and the following authorities.© British Crown Copyright, 2008.
Built as German HERMES for Dampfschifffahrts-Ges. "Neptun", Bremen. 1914 interned at Antwerp and 1921 taken over by Britain and renamed GLENDOON for Calvert SS Co Ltd. 1922 returned to Germany, renamed HEIDELBERG for Neue Dampfer Comp. and 1923 sold to Stettiner Dampfer Comp. 1925 bought by F.L. Nimtz, Hamburg and renamed ALTHEIDELBERG. 1928 sold to Estonia and renamed LINDA for O. Tiedemann, Käsmu. (1 dead and ? survivors)
The Estonian steam merchant LINDA (1,213 tons) en route Blyth – Gothenburg on 11 Feb,1940, was hit by one torpedo from U-9 and broke in two. The forepart sank immediately and the stern followed four minutes later.