british Henderson P. & Co. - British & Burmese S. S. Co. - Albion Line) SS Henzada (+1943)
report an error
       
  Details  
 
general
nationality british
purpose transport
type cargo ship
propulsion steam
date built 1934
status
unknown
details
weight (tons) 4161  grt
dimensions 119.7 x 16.2 x -- m
material steel
engine 1 triple expansion engine, single shaft, 1 screw
power  
speed 10  knots
yard no. 945
IMO/Off. no. 164040
about the loss
cause lost torpedo
date lost 24/07/1943  [dd/mm/yyyy]
casualties  max.2rank: 667
about people
builder
Henderson D. & W. & Co. Ltd., Meadowside
engine by
Henderson D. & W. & Co. Ltd., Meadowside
owner
Henderson P. & Co. - British & Burmese S. S. Co. - Albion Line), Glasgow
captain
no. of crew 64
about the wreck
depth (m.)
orientation
protected
war grave
updates
entered by Allen Tony
entered 21/12/2007
last update Allen Tony
last update 24/07/2013
 
  Position  
 
Allen Tony21/12/2007
latitudehydro member
longitudehydro member
AIShydro member
mark add position to my marks (+/-5miles)
dist. homeportdist. homeport
ref. used
 ubootwaffe
position disp.
show neighbour. wrecks members only
insert new position
 
  The Wreck today  
 
insert wreck site info
 
  Movies  
  insert new movie  
 
  Pictures  
 
copyright: Unknown - onbekend - inconnu
 
 copyright: Unknown - onbekend - inconnu copyright: Unknown - onbekend - inconnu copyright: Marinha Do Brasil copyright: Unknown - onbekend - inconnu 
 
 copyright: Unknown - onbekend - inconnu copyright: Unknown - onbekend - inconnu copyright: Unknown - onbekend - inconnu  
 
insert new picture
 
  History  
 
Allen Tony24/07/2008Henzada SS was a British Cargo Steamer of 4,161 tons built in 1934 by D & W Henderson Ltd., Glasgow, Yard No 945 for P. Henderson & Co., Glasgow. On the 24th July 1943 when on route from ELLESMERE PORT for SANTOS carrying a cargo of 2,095 tons of chemicals she was torpedoed by German submarine U-199 and sunk about 100 miles off Rio Janiero. 2 crew lost from a total of 64.
ref. used: 
 ubootwaffe


insert new history
 
  Documents  
  insert new document  
About Builders
 Henderson D. & W. & Co. Ltd., Meadowside
D & W Henderson's Meadowside Shipyard was originally developed by Tod & MacGregor. David and William Henderson, who owned a marine engineering works in Finnieston, bought the yard in 1873. The Henderson brothers were also partners in the Anchor Line, for whom they built thirty-two ships between 1876 and 1911, as well as undertaking considerable repair work. Another regular customer was the Liverpool firm of Lamport & Holt, which placed orders for nineteen ships. They also built prestigious racing yachts, including Britannia for the Prince of Wales in 1893. - Harland & Wolff bought the ordinary shares of D & W Henderson in 1917 and took over the management in 1919. The firm launched its last ship in 1935, after which it ceased trading.

read more
 
 
The World
pref. Google
 
 
WRECKS: DISABLED zoom out zoom in view full chart
chart
SS Henzada (+1943)
The World
More charts
Cabo Frio - Cabo Santa Marta Grande South America - South East Coast Brazil - Coast and Islands The World
 
 
  Update statistics  
 
  Advertisement  
 
advertise
 
   
  search  
 
You may consider access to
search wreck
show prev. names
A-Z search
 
search chart:
chart catalogue
 
search owner/builder: