german Norddeutscher Lloyd - Ndl - North German Lloyd SS Bremen IV (+1941)
report an error
       
  Details  
 
general
nationality german
purpose transport
type passenger ship
propulsion steam
date built 1929
status
lifted lifted
details
weight (tons) 51731  grt
dimensions 273.9 x 31.1 x 14.7 m
engine 4 x Steam turbines
power  
speed 27  knots
yard no. 872
about the loss
cause lost air raid
date lost 16/03/1941  [dd/mm/yyyy]
about people
builder
Weser A. G., Bremen
owner
Norddeutscher Lloyd - Ndl - North German Lloyd, Bremen
captain
about the wreck
depth (m.)
orientation
protected
war grave
updates
entered by Allen Tony
entered 24/02/2009
last update Lettens Jan
last update 22/12/2010
 
  Position  
 
insert new position
 
  The Wreck today  
 

Lettens Jan22/12/2010

Bremen IV was scrapped in 1946.

insert wreck site info
 
  Movies  
  insert new movie  
 
  Pictures  
 
copyright: Unknown - onbekend - inconnu
 
 copyright: Unknown - onbekend - inconnu copyright: Unknown - onbekend - inconnu copyright: Unknown - onbekend - inconnu copyright: Unknown - onbekend - inconnu 
 
 copyright: Unknown - onbekend - inconnu    
 
insert new picture
 
  History  
 
Allen Tony24/02/2009The German steamship Bremen SS was bombed and set on fire by British aircraft on March 16th, 1941, at Bremerhaven. She became a total loss.
ref. used 
 Hocking C., Dictionary of Disasters at Sea during the Age of Steam


insert new history
 
  Documents  
  insert new document  
About Builders
 Weser A. G., Bremen
A. G. Weser (Aktien-Gesellschaft Weser) was a German shipbuilding company located on the Weser River in Bremen. In 1846 the company was called Waltjen & Co. who built the first slipway and started construction of dredging vessels and barges. By 1865 more conventional steamboats and steamships were produced, but only in small numbers up to 1872 when the company was renamed Weser. The shipyard received significant orders from the Imperial Navy and in 1883 specialized in construction of torpedo boats. By 1905 the military production was close to fifty percent of output. A. G. Weser played a significant role in World War I, building U-boats and warships for the Kaiserliche Marine. In 1926 it was merged with eight other shipyards to form the Deutsche Schiff- und Maschinenbau AG but the name A.G. Weser was kept for the shipyard in Bremen.

read more
 
 
  Update statistics  
 
  Advertisement  
 
advertise
 
   
  search  
 
You may consider access to
search wreck
show prev. names
A-Z search
 
search chart:
chart catalogue
 
search owner/builder: